The members of the Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (ITRC) Mass Flux Team wish to acknowledge the individuals, organizations, and agencies that contributed to this technology overview.
As part of the broader ITRC effort, the IDSS Team effort is funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Energy. Additional funding and support have been provided by the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. ITRC operates as a committee of the Environmental Research Institute of the States, a Section 501(c)(3) public charity that supports the Environmental Council of the States through its educational and research activities aimed at improving the environment in the United States and providing a forum for state environmental policy makers.
The Mass Flux Team wishes to recognize the efforts of specific team members, who provided valuable written input in the development of this document. The efforts of all those who took valuable time to review and comment on it are also greatly appreciated.
The team recognizes the efforts of the following state environmental personnel who contributed to the development of this technology overview:
- Naji Akladiss, P.E., Maine Department of Environmental Protection, Mass Flux Team Leader
- Robert Asreen, Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- Aaron Cohen, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Paul Hadley, California Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Alexander MacDonald, Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region
- Alec Naugle, California Regional Water Quality Control Board
- David Scheer, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Julia Sechen, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Michael Smith, Vermont Department Environmental Conservation
- Larry Syverson, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Janet Waldron, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Hao Zhu, Utah Department of Environmental Quality
The team recognizes the contributions of the following stakeholder and academic representatives:
- Dr. Iona Black, Yale University
- Dr. Eric Nuttall, University of New Mexico–Emeritus
- Dr. Kurt Pennell, Tufts University
- Dr. Tom Sale, Colorado State University
The team also recognizes the contributions of the following federal agencies:
- Linda Fiedler, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Carmen Lebron, Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center
- Dr. Ian Osgerby, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Dr. Nancy Ruiz, Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center
- Dr. Hans Stroo, Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program/Environmental Security Technology Certification Program
- Dr. Lynn Wood, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, GWERD/NRMRL/ORD
Finally, the team recognizes the contributions of the following consultants and industry representatives:
- Richard Brownell, P.E., Malcolm Pirnie, Inc.
- Dan Bryant, Geo-Cleanse International, Inc.
- Dr. Grant Carey, Porewater Solutions
- Dr. Wilson Clayton, Aquifer Solutions, Inc.
- Dr. Mary DeFlaun, Geosyntec Consultants
- Robert Downer, Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc.
- Steve Hill, RegTech, Inc.
- Judie Kean, RegTech, Inc.
- Trevor King, P.E., Langan Engineering & Environmental Services
- Mark Kluger, Dajak, LLC
- Dr. Mark Kram, Groundswell Technologies, Inc.
- Dr. Richard Lewis, P.E., Conestoga-Rovers & Associates, Inc.
- Dr. Betty (Ke) Li, Tetra Tech, Inc.
- Dr. Jerry Lisiecki, Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
- Dr. Tamzen Macbeth, Camp, Dresser, & McKee, Inc.
- Dr. David Major, Geosyntec Consultants
- Bruce Marvin, Geosyntec Consultants
- Dr. Pat McLoughlin, Microseeps, Inc.
- Dr. Charles Newell, GSI Environmental, Inc.
- Dr. Fred Payne, ARCADIS
- Dr. Heather Rectanus, Battelle
- Michael Sieczkowski, JRW Bioremediation, LLC
- Edward (Ted) Tyler, Kleinfelder Inc.
- Dr. Todd Wiedemeier, T.H. Wiedemeier Associates, LLC
- Ryan Wymore, P.E., Camp, Dresser, & McKee, Inc.
We would also like to thank Dr. Michael Annable, University of Florida; Dr. Murray Einarson, AMEC Geomatrix; Dr. Michael Kavanaugh, ARCADIS; Dr. Doug Mackay, Stanford University; and Susan Schow, MPH, Maine Health Data Organization, for contributing their time to peer- review various sections of this technology overview. We appreciate your time and talent.
Click Here to download the entire document.